Friday, July 13, 2012

Keeping up with new media


Participating in the New media training has been an incrediable journey of discovery for me. There are many social media tools that I have not been using in my work simply because I did not understand them or it was just fear of technology. Now Iam equipped because I have embraced new media tools and can now use them in my everyday work. This is just what I need in this new world of technology that is ever moving forward. I have also realised that every journalist can  gather and write a story  but in this era its not enough.
I believe as a  multiskilled journalist I can  use all medium of communication which will enable me to decide the best way to tell a story. From my own experience at times  it is very difficult to judge how a story should be told, until all of the facts are gathered. From this, it is important to keep an open mind about a story and having the knowledge on how to go about it.
There is so much competition in the media today and being a multiskilled journalist is an advantage thus it is important to execute backpack journalism. Backpack journalism is the term used to described the type of equipment and software that every journalist should keep with them at all times. Without the proper equipment, it is easy to miss out on an opportunity to bring a story that can transform one's career for better.
 As a reporter if I carry a camera around wherever I go I might be surprised at some of the photo opportunities that come up.
I feel like I have been lagging behind,this course has just eroded the fear I had off tweeting and blogging. Guess now I can "keep up"."

No comments:

Post a Comment