Friday, July 13, 2012


The New Media Training course with the Federation of African Media Women Zimbabwe (FAMWZ) has been a great eye opener. Sometimes as journalists we have been so disgruntled after writing a well researched piece that you would think its worth reading, only for the editor to spike it for ever. But today I have learnt that there are so many channels that I can use to get my story published, thanks to the social media.

Twitter, Facebook, Blogging and Skype are some of the channels where I can post my stuff and can still get readership.
From this day on, I'm going to use these social media tools in my everyday work, the benefits of using these is that I can get to break a story before anyone else on print does.
However due  to our media house set-ups, I have learnt that although I have been restricted to a particular job description, one can still take all the available opportunity and equip oneself with many skills, be it photography, subbing. That then makes one to be a multi-skilled journalist.
I have learnt so much from this training that I want to go out and unleash these skills.
What a journey!






1 comment:

  1. Way to go Mirie. Its true, we love journalism, but sometimes journalism doesn`t love us

    ReplyDelete