Thursday, September 20, 2012

How My Work As A Journalist Has  Influenced The Community

Having worked for a National Radio Station for the past ten years, i am proud to have imparted knowledge to the community through the  youth,health and women`s programmes i produce. The health programme conscientises the audience on diseases,risk factors,  
prevention, signs and symptoms  while  the women`s programmes focuses on all issues to do with women, empowerment, parenting,reproductive health, rights, and so on and so forth.

My programmes are broadcast in venacular languages, i.e.  Shona and my mother language Shangaan.My grandmother in the village can listen to me talking about breast cancer,the young mothers in the village get to learn about the importance of exclusively breastfeeding their children, the importance of early screening for cervical cancer , just to mention a few, but there are a whole lot of issues which we discuss. I invite an expert in the field of the chosen topic to articulate on issues around that topic , and i should say my programmes are quite informative .

No comments:

Post a Comment