Monday, September 10, 2012

ISN'T GOD AMAZING???!!!!

ISN'T GOD AMAZING???!!!!
By Melody Gwenyambira
Richard Bach once said, "If you love somebody, set them free. If they return, they were always yours. If they don’t, they never were."
This is so true to me when it comes to the man I married , my soul mate.
When we met on April 28 2010 we just talked casually about journalism.
He was a practicing journo and I was still a student.
I LOVED him from the time I laid my eyes on him.
I didn't like him but I loved him.
I felt that he was the man I was going to spend the rest of my life with yet I didn't even know his surname!
Before we parted, he didn't ask for my number but I asked the Lord for him.
I prayed silently,"O Lord I pray that I see this man again."
I did not just see him but I ended up marrying the guy!
Whoa!!! talk about prayer being answered.
I was willing to set him free and not drown him with "ooh I would love to talk to you again," because I knew that he was meant for me.
When God created him, he had me in mind!
When we met again a few days later, the guy treated me like his kid sister.
He cared for me deeply and I took him as the "brother" who was going to marry me.
On July 28 2011, he proposed and gave me this beautiful sapphire ring in front of my aunt.
We had dated secretly for seven months.
From 28 April to December 31 we were friends very good friends, we were not kissing friends but the "rebuke, chastise and get your self straight friends."
It was really nice because I developed deep respect for him and I got to know everything about him.
It was then that I was introduced to his family, friends and hey, everyone!
They were told that we were friends but they wouldn't believe it
They all said "you guys look cute together, we cant wait for the wedding."
I would look at him in a funny way and ask "What in the world have you been telling these people?"
On January 1 2012, he was the first person I called and he said to me "I love you" before hanging up.
I was puzzled because he always used to say "okay mpfanami talk to you later, take care."
Okay," I love you," wow!
Then one day we kissed after work and ki ki ki ki I had kissed my brother!
After a week he called me and said he wanted to meet with me.
We had Nando's  and I told him that I was going to walk him to get his kombi , vice versa what we used to and he said, "Are you meeting with someone" and I said "NOOOO."
The brother opened up his heart in a way no one had ever done to me. He told me that he loved me and he saw a wife in me. He wanted to marry me and have his children with me.
Above all he wanted me to keep his heart, it had been broken before and he trusted me with it.
I was so overwhelmed but boy was I happy!!!!!!!!!!
Yo, God answers prayer in remarkable ways and with my husband I am just glad!
On December 3 2011, we had our traditional wedding and on 28 April 2012 we wedded.
A week before our wedding, we realised that we had actually met on that same day two years back.
I also remembered how my late mama (bless her soul) would say to us before bed time prayer," Pray for the husband you want, ask God for him."
From the time I was eight years old I prayed for my husband and God signed, sealed and delivered him to me 12 years later!
Isn't God amazing???!!!!
 

1 comment:

  1. Sweeet! How inspiring, motichengeterawo bamunini vedu lol!!

    ReplyDelete