Thursday, September 20, 2012

My darling daughter

Now that you are here my daughter, there are a few things that I want you to know as you embark on this journey to becoming a woman. Let me warn you, it is not an easy journey, not that I want you to be scared, but I want you to be prepared. First things first, I want you to know that I value you, I cherish you and love you so much. I have done so, even as you were kicking, even as my abdomen was slashed open so you could come as safely as possible, for me and you, into this world.


I want you to know that sometimes you will be required to take up your sword and fight for what is yours, simply because no one will hand it to you. So if you must, go ahead darling daughter and take up your sword of truth and your shield of faith. One day you will want to have a little one of your own, go ahead, nothing can stop you. Regardless of what they say, if you want to be a mother, to stay home and look after your child, if you are able, do so. There is nothing wrong with such a choice.

                  You are your mother`s daughter, so you have a voice, use it. If you get that nicrophone into your hands, shine and shine again. Tell them you are a precious, strong, beautiful person.  I chose to be a journalist, but you can be anything you want to be in the world. If unlike me you love maths and like finding X without knowing Y, by all means go ahead, be an engineer, a fashion designer, anything as long as it gives you true happiness.

                It might happen, believe me it will. You might find a man who will make you feel like you want to give him all of your heart, be careful, but by all means do love. After all, my darling daughter, no one has ever loved except she who has loved without fear of hurt.

                After all has been said and done, the world is your oyster, take it and make it yours. Fly high my darling daughter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment